Sunday, June 28, 2015

If I could live in a French city, I think Bordeaux is my second choice (to Aix-en-Provence)

So today was our third and last day in Bordeaux which was fun because we got to sleep in! Yesterday, we went to the winery of Saint Emilion where we got a tour of the town and then had a picnic lunch before walking around the town to do some shopping. When we got back to downtown Bordeaux, we took a tour of the city which was very informative, but it was about an hour too long and the tour guide tried to take us down the smelliest alleys on purpose probably. Bordeaux is the dirtiest city I have ever been to, which didn't bother me, but some of the little streets and alleys do not smell good. After the tour we did a little, mini wine tasting at a wine bar and then went to dinner! The restaurant was called "Potato Head" and served whatever they were able to buy at the market that morning. For an appetizer, I ate fois gras and tuna in this incredible tomato-y broth which was absolutely delicious!

So then today, we slept in and then met at the market at 10 am. For lunch, Esther and I got fresh, raw oysters which we ate right on the river front with some bread and a small glass of wine. Have I ever mentioned how hard it is to be an exchange student? It was absolutely delicious and in addition, I got macaroons at the market. It was similar to the market in Le Mans, but there was less produce and more seafood and wine! This weekend was absolutely gorgeous weather-wise! We took the train back in early-afternoon and made it back in time to get pizza in Le Mans! This is the beginning the final week of the program which makes me so sad! But I've also resolved that I will not eat any more kebab for the rest of the trip - it's delicious and I highly recommend it (it's similar to a Greek gryo) but I absolutely can't eat another one on this trip.
Raw Oysters on the Waterfront


12 little Macaroons

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe it is already the last week. I don't want it to end either!

    ReplyDelete