Thursday, June 25, 2015

La vie est difficile

So not much happened yesterday, so a post didn't seem necessary but mostly I was just exhausted because these days are so long and there's so much going on! We have classes/an internship everyday until 5, then other meetings or get-togethers, and then everyone's remembering that we only have one week left after this so everyone's trying to hang out every night, which is so much fun, but almost no time is left for homework/sleep. All I want to do is go sit in the park and read Jane Eyre on my iPad or go shopping downtown because France's semi-annual sales on everything started yesterday but there's not a ton of time so, in summary, it's really difficult to live in France for the summer and to have friends and fun all the time!

But actually I've been really tired these past two days and before I came here this summer, everyone was talking about how good the coffee is here but it just doesn't do it for me. Their caffé is a double espresso, which is super convenient and quick to drink, but I just don't feel awake after it. Tomorrow we leave for Bordeaux for the weekend which means a four hour train ride which means four hours to sleep/read which is the actual dream. And then on the way back on Sunday will be another four hours for napping!

Last night, one of the French students came over to the dorm with quiche and chocolate cake so we picnicked outside (because it was gorgeous!) and it was super delicious. Then today after class and the internship again, Esther and I went out with a couple friends who are originally from Le Mans but spent the last year in Akron teaching/taking classes. It was so much fun to hang out and talk with them! Then when we got back to the dorms, the French students were over and eating omelettes for dinner! So while everything is busy and I feel exhausted, everything is also super fun and I am having an absolute blast all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment